I saw a sign the other day that said, Every new friend is a new adventure….. the start of more memories! Patrick Lindsay
I could not help but think of how many lifelong friends we have made over the years because of Newmar! So many of these friends we have made by attending rallies, luncheons and the Newmar International rally. So, do not be shy come join us at one of the many Newmar functions happening across the USA and Canada.
We know you will meet many new folks just like yourselves looking for friendship and fellowship and to share your Newmar stories and adventures. You can be guaranteed you will make some lifelong friendships!
Canada’s National Campground Association
The Canadian Camping and RV Council (CCRVC) is an Association comprised of the RVDA of Canada, the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association, Provincial Campground Owners’ Associations and Private Campgrounds across Canada.
The Canadian Camping and RV Council announced that they have completed the redevelopment of their website ccrvc.ca that will serve to be a valuable resource for Private Campground Owners in Canada. There is a Trip Planner, also you can search for campgrounds, campground promotions etc. By all accounts this seems like a great tool to find private campgrounds and RV shows in your area.
Face Book – we now have 214 people who are on the friend list.
- Rallies that are planned or are in the planning stage are as follows:
- Manitoba Krocus Klub – May 20-24 | Bry-Mar RV Park
- Alberta Wild Rose Klub – May 22-25 | Old McDonalds Resort
- Region Nine Rally – May 26-29 | Salmon Arm, BC
- British Columbia Provincial & Dogwood Klub – June 3-6 | Salish Seaside RV Haven
Please watch the Calendar of events for details and updates for these rallies.
As you are making your summer travel plans, remember the NKK international rally will be held in Rock Springs, Wyoming, August 24 to 28, 2020. This is a brand-new location for a Newmar International rally so let’s see how many region 9 members we can have attend, it is sure to be a great location. If there is enough interest a caravan could be put together to travel down & park together as a group. This was done very successfully in the past. For an example from Penticton, BC to Rock Springs is a mere 1000 miles or about 16 hours drive.
Some of the items we have been working on are:
- Calgary Stampede Special Event which is sold out but Linda taking names for a standby list and the Churchill Polar Bears special event which has been put on hold for a year.
- We are still in need of Provincial Directors for Alberta and Manitoba. If you would like more information on either of these two positions, please let me know.
As always, our door is always open, and we look forward to all comments and suggestions.
We meet, We part, We hope to meet again.
Dave & Joanne Killey (16152L)
Region Nine Rally