WE SURE ARE! We hope you have your calendar marked to join us in West Virginia for the 35th International Rally. Rally dates will be July 17-24 with parking on July 16 & 17. The rally will be held at the State Fair of West Virginia in Lewisburg. Lewisburg is a beautiful scenic area with a lot of history to this little town and surrounding area.
There will be two levels of parking available: 50 amp full hookup and 30 amp full hookup. The amenities may require additional electric cords, water hoses and sewer connections. City water is available to all coaches. Some water hookups are shared and NOT designated for one unit. Remember to bring an extra water hose and “Y” so you can take water on as needed. Also don’t forget to bring a 50 or 30 AMP extension cord. With the beautiful “rolling hills” of West Virginia comes some sites that may need blocking material to level your unit.
We have set up several optional tours to explore this region of West Virginia and surrounding area with your fellow Klub members. Here’s a brief description of the tours that will be offered on Saturday or Sunday July 17 & 18 as well as a special golf tour at the Greenbrier on Thursday July 22.
- Beckley, West Virginia Tour – Round trip by motorcoach, includes coal mine exhibit and museum, tour of Tamarack “The Best of West Virginia” is the nation’s first showcase of handcrafts, fine art and regional cuisine with lunch included. Next stop will be the New River Gorge Visitor Center with presentation by a ranger. Here you can view the mile wide gorge and bridge, the largest steel arch span in the western hemisphere.
- Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre “Oh Happy Day” – Round trip by motorcoach with lunch and show at the Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre (Broadway in the Mountains).
- Lewisburg & Greenbrier Tour – Round trip by motorcoach includes driving tour of Lewisburg. At the Greenbrier Resort we will have a tour of the Bunker, enjoy lunch in the Greenbrier’s main dining room followed by free time to explore the shops and grounds of the beautiful Greenbrier Resort.
- Lexington and Charlottesville, Virginia Tour – Round trip by motorcoach includes walking tour of Lee’s Chapel and Stonewall Jackson House, lunch included at the Michie Tavern followed by a tour of Monticello, Home of Thomas Jefferson.
- Cass Railroad & Green Bank Observatory Tour – Round trip by motorcoach includes scenic train ride to Whittaker Station to enjoy a breathtaking view of the vast wilderness. Enjoy a box lunch and tour the authentic logging camp recreated by volunteers of the Mountain State Railroad & Logging Historical Association. Next will be time to visit the Cass Show Case and Cass Historical Museum. Lastly we will visit the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO), a national facility devoted to radio astronomy and the home to the world’s largest fully steerable radio telescope, the Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope.
- We will have a special golf outing at the PGA Greenbrier Resort. We will be on The Meadows Course. Due to flooding the course was completely restored and reopened in 2017. The new and exciting routing features dynamic green complexes, breathtaking mountain vistas and their signature stacked sod bunkers throughout the course. This will be a shot-gun start with a limit of 80 golfers
During the rally there will be much to learn at the daily seminars. You’ll want to visit the Vendors, Klub Store, Newmar Parts Dept., Newmar Suppliers and view the new 2022 Newmar display units. As always Newmar service technicians will be there to take care of our units! We will also have several evenings of great entertainment, five delicious catered meals and regional social get-togethers to enjoy, an optional golf tournament, pet contest, craft classes, craft contest and much, much more!
One change in 2021 is the vendor building will open on the opening weekend of the rally. This will alleviate the conflict of the vendors building opening at the same time as seminars are starting as well as service write-ups.
We are working with several vendors that have offered special services to our members in the past – the RV Driving School, Coach Weighing and Camp Freightliner. If all comes together and we have these services confirmed we will communicate thru future editions of The Happenings.
At this time the general information and pricing is on our website go to the Klub Calendar and click on 35th International Rally.
Reservations will begin on Monday, February 1, 2021 at 8:00 am eastern time thru the Klub Calendar by clicking on 35th International Rally. Note: The reservation form will be added to the bottom of the page. At that time If you are on the site before 8:00 am you will need to refresh the screen to access the reservation form. Within two to three weeks of registering you should receive your confirmation packet and parking pass in the mail.
Email or call the Klub office if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-639-5582.