We hope you are making early plans to join us in beautiful West Virginia July 17-24 for the 35th International Rally. Our parking days will be July 16 & 17. The rally will be held at the State Fair of West Virginia in Lewisburg. Lewisburg is a beautiful scenic area with a lot of history to this little town and surrounding area. International Directors, Ron & Wanda Llewellyn, recently spent a week in Lewisburg meeting with the fairground staff, local chamber of commerce, caterers, local tour company and other businesses to set details in place. Everyone involved was very enthusiastic, helpful and looking forward to having the Newmar Kountry Klub members in attendance.
There will be two levels of parking available: 50 amp full hookup and 30 amp full hookup. During the rally there will be much to learn at the daily seminars. You’ll want to visit the Vendors, Klub Store, Newmar Parts Dept., Newmar Suppliers and view the new 2022 Newmar display units. As always Newmar service technicians will be there to take care of our units! We will also have several evenings of great entertainment, five delicious catered meals and a regional social get-togethers to enjoy, an optional golf tournament, pet contest, craft classes, craft contest and much, much more!
We have set up several optional tours to explore this region of West Virginia and surrounding area with your fellow Klub members. Here’s a brief description of the tours that will be offered on Saturday or Sunday July 17 & 18.
- Beckley, West Virginia Tour – Round trip by motorcoach, includes coal mine exhibit and museum, tour of Tamarack “The Best of West Virginia” is the nation’s first showcase of handcrafts, fine art and regional cuisine with lunch included. Next stop will be the New River Gorge Visitor Center with presentation by a ranger. Here you can view the mile wide gorge and bridge, the largest steel arch span in the western hemisphere.
- Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre “Oh Happy Day” – Round trip by motorcoach with lunch and show at the Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre (Broadway in the Mountains).
- Lewisburg & Greenbrier Tour – Round trip by motorcoach includes driving tour of Lewisburg. At the Greenbrier Resort we will have a tour of the Bunker, enjoy lunch in the Greenbrier’s main dining room followed by free time to explore the shops and grounds of the beautiful Greenbrier Resort.
- Lexington and Charlottesville, Virginia Tour – Round trip by motorcoach includes walking tour of Lee’s Chapel and Stonewall Jackson House, lunch included at the Michie Tavern followed by a tour of Monticello, Home of Thomas Jefferson.
- Cass Railroad & Greenbank Observatory Tour – Round trip by motorcoach includes scenic train ride to Whittaker Station to enjoy a breathtaking view of the vast wilderness. Enjoy a box lunch and tour the authentic logging camp recreated by volunteers of the Mountain State Railroad & Logging Historical Association. Next will be time to visit the Cass Show Case and Cass Historical Museum. Lastly we will visit the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO), a national facility devoted to radio astronomy and the home to the world’s largest fully steerable radio telescope, the Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope.
- We are also working on a potential golf outing tour on the Greenbrier PGA course.
We will post updates on the Klub’s website and in the monthly email, The Happenings as more details develop for the 35th International Rally.
Reservations will begin on Monday, February 1, 2021 at 8:00 am EST through our website. Email or call the Klub office if you have any questions – email@example.com or 877-639-5582.